Breaking News

I was hoping I was gonna win a title one day: Federer recalls teenage days

In an interview to Tennis TV, Roger Federer reflected on how it felt to win his 100th career title in Dubai. A lot of past memories went through the Swiss player's mind. "It makes me look back at how it all started and how badly I wanted my first title back in Milan which was actually owned by the Dubai tournament at the time, and I was hoping that one day I was gonna win a title, just before that Milan final," said the 37-year-old. "And I did. And I am sitting here today having 100 is, I don't, it's disbelief even though the last few titles ever since I have reached 96, 97, I started feeling, Well, maybe 100 is possible, and it was. And it's a big moment for me tonight here in Dubai to thank my team and everybody who made it possible for myself because people only see the player, the guy who does it, but there is so much work going on behind the scenes from all the friends, family, parents and coaches, everybody so big thank to all of them. It's been special."

Analyzing his win, Federer concluded: "It's been a wonderful week, difficult conditions throughout and tough opponents all the way to Stefanos today. He has had a great run as well having won Marseille final, and to reach two finals is difficult, two different continents, so credit to him as well for playing a great tournament but of course, for me, it's an absolute dream come true for me right now."

Following his Dubai Open success, Federer, who had dropped to the sixth place of the ATP rankings after his fourth-round loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas at the Australian Open, re-entered the top-four. He also clinched a top-four seeding at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2THPQIq

No comments