Breaking News

'I went jet skiing' - Kyrgios reveals funny preparation for Acapulco final

Nick Kyrgios revealed he had quite a funny preparation to the match against Alexander Zverev before the Mexican Open final in Acapulco. The Australian player said: “I went jet skiing at 5:30 p.m., so I don’t think that’s what a Top 10 player would do. I’m very lucky to be in this position. I need to be way more disciplined, way better professionally and do the right things. I don’t even have a coach, so maybe I start there.”

Kyrgios enjoyed his week in Acapulco: “The crowd created the atmosphere every day. It was the best atmosphere I’ve ever played. They were booing me and I still enjoyed playing and being here. They created the emotions, the memories, the event. It was amazing.”

“It’s hopefully an example for people who are struggling and getting in some places you don’t think you can get out of. If I can do it, you can do it. I was really down and out and didn’t know what I was going to do, but you have a week like this and things can change.”

On Kyrgios, the Tournament Director Raul Zurutuza said: "For tennis it's good to see Kyrgios, he is playing his best tennis, he caught the attention on social media channels, tennis needs a bad boy, the Darth Vader of tennis, he went through a controversial match with Nadal and then the people applauded him. You have nothing to complain about him."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2u1nVof

No comments