Breaking News

In my earlier years I used to prefer Miami over Indian Wells, says Federer

Roger Federer loves competing in Indian Wells. The Swiss player revealed an interesting thing in an interview to the Swiss channel SRF. "In my earlier years I preferred Miami over Indian Wells, I liked the atmosphere of a big city with its vibes. Nowadays, I prefer calm places like Indian Wells. That's also because of Tommy Haas, we are good friends, also because of the kids", said the Basel native.

Federer furthermore praised Indian Wells tournament adding: "It is a very special place to play tennis in here in the desert with the mountains, it is a proper garden now, it has always been this way but a lot of plants, flowers, trees have been implanted and it really feels like a tennis paradise. A lot of big areas, great courts, great facilities and places to hang out and eat, and drink, and the fans really enjoy themselves and so players do. That's why it has become a special place. The most favourite thing is when this time of the year comes around again. Players like myself really enjoy coming out to the desert, we have a great time. The whole event is great. It's just different from all the other events we have on the tour. Also, the event takes two weeks, the other for just one week. So we have more time to settle in and that's why you come here earlier as a family we also rent a house here like at Wimbledon, it feels like home as well rather than being at a hotel which I like too but being in a house is really nice. It works very well. I have been coming here for a long time and I saw the tournament grow and it's definitely nice to be here after all these years."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2W2CDYa

No comments