Breaking News

Kevin Anderson recalls when he lost to Rafael Nadal as a kid

In an interview following his third round win at the Miami Open, Kevin Anderson recalled when he played against Rafael Nadal as 13-year-olds in a junior tournament. “Yes, he beat me. Think it was on clay in a tournament in Barcelona", said Anderson, who is over two meters tall: “I consider my height an advantage. Particularly on the serve. The height allows you to create good angles and also helps your power. Even so, I practice my serves with tens of thousands of repetitions. Tennis is getting a lot of players who are 6-5 or 6-6,” Anderson continued. “Tall players are becoming more common. Some people would say the challenge is on the movement side. However, it seems the bigger stride length would be an advantage. Perhaps the tough part is in changing directions.”

Anderson did not compete in February as he dealt with an elbow injury. He is happy to have put it apart of him: “That worried me. I did not know how the elbow would do with the starting and stopping. But it did just fine. I’m ready. It will be a good test, playing on consecutive days. I wanted to get back into competition, so here we go", said Anderson previewing his fourth round game against Jordan Thompson.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HYhmLk

No comments