Breaking News

Kohlschreiber:'I am very thankful to Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Djokovic'

In press conference at the BNP Paribas Open Philipp Kohlschreiber commented on how it feels to be playing in the same era as Federer, Nadal and Novak Djokovic. Kohlschreiber never defeated the Swiss out of 14 matches played, including the most recent one at the last month's Dubai Open in three sets.

"I'm very thankful that we have Roger, Rafa, and Nole, and all the other top guys on the world, because they make our sport very great", said the 35-year-old. "So I think I'm also very fortunate to be one of the strongest generations. I would say we have such great characters. I think the rivals between Roger and Rafa, I really want to see them many times more on TV, because that's the matches I really enjoy the most. I'm also not unhappy that I'm not in the spotlight. I'm a very quiet guy. Of course, you wish to have maybe a top 10 ranking once in your career, but if I'm not able to achieve that, I'm very happy how my life is going on. You know, I'm still able to walk on the street or go to, I don't know, McDonald's and there is just a few guys saying, Oh, that's maybe Kohlschreiber. I'm able to do that. I don't know if Roger or Rafa can do that. On this side, I'm very happy that I can really enjoy my life peacefully. And, you know, maybe something change. Maybe I can turn around my career here. I don't know. I'm still in the tournament feeling great, playing good tennis. Let's see. You know, if you win the whole thing here, it might change (smiling)."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Ob6evv

No comments