Breaking News

Last months have been terrific, says Novak Djokovic

In a recent interview to the ATP YouTube Channel, the 15-time Grand Slam winner Novak Djokovic reflected on when he dealt with an elbow injury and eventually underwent surgery in February 2018 in order to put an end to his physical issue.

"It was a great journey, building journey as well", said the Belgrade native. "Took six months off the second half of the 2017 season, I started the year already experiencing a lot of pain in my elbow and I was going along unknown, where that's gonna take me and I probably didn't address that major injury at the right time. So everything was just getting worse. Everybody has had a certain major injury that they had to face. For me, it came later than sooner which I am very grateful for because I had a very long career with not much of a hindrance. I had gone on the table and chose the invasive way of treating it, and after the intervention was done I did not know how my body is going to react and feel. It allowed me to come back to the court pretty quickly after only three weeks but I wasn't ready to compete and I went too soon in Indian Wells and Miami and just experienced a low state of my game in those two tournaments. After that, going through the process of thinking, doubting and encouraging myself, so a lot was going on but there was one thing that I had to learn the most from this process was patience and self-belief that always got me going in the tough moments. I had great support of the team around me. Obviously, I had to change my racket and alternate my server a little bit but the last three or four months were terrific and it all paid off."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2W1DJn0

No comments