Breaking News

Naomi Osaka:'US Open final v Serena Williams was not a negative experience'

In an interview to Vogue Magazine, Naomi Osaka said that her US Open final win over Serena Williams was not a negative experience for her. The American player argued with the chair umpire Carlos Ramos, and Osaka barely celebrated following the win. “It’s kind of weird to hear people say that. The only thing I can do is keep moving forward and keep trying my best", said Osaka. "I just started thinking that I’m in a Grand Slam. I shouldn’t be sad—I’m playing against a really great player, so I should just enjoy my time and try and put all my energy into doing the best that I can on every point.”

For Osaka, giving the 100 per cent in every point is the key: "I can’t really think of a moment where I was playing something, and I didn’t want to win."

Osaka did not have some great results following her maiden career-title in Indian Wells last year, which could have raised some doubts about her consistency. "I was pretty desperate, and in the second I just wanted to win really bad, because I didn’t want to lose two in a row. The third match I just wanted to play well. I thought that was probably the most realistic way of thinking", she admitted.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TWPIp4

No comments