Breaking News

Novak Djokovic explains how family influences his schedule

Novak Djokovic has been keeping a light schedule in recent times. The Serbian player took a five-week break between the Australian Open and Indian Wells, not playing in the Dubai/Acapulco week. Following his win over Bjorn Fratangelo on Saturday, the Serbian player explained that his wife Jelena and their two children - daughter Tara and son Stefan - are his priority. "I also want to spend time with my family." 

Explaining further, he said, "For me, at this stage of my career, it's balancing between the two. I can't prioritize only myself and my career. I've got to think about my children and my wife. And that's fine, you know because I want to focus myself on the biggest events. I started off the season in the best possible way. So I really want to try to get the most out of Indian Wells and Miami. And after that, we'll see. I live in Monaco, so Monaco tournament, it would be nice to play it. I would like to play it. But at the same time, it depends on different things. You know, moving forward, obviously, the schedule is pretty much the same. Most of the years I would play Rome, Madrid events, and then Roland Garros, obviously slams. It just depends on how the season goes because, at times, if you don't have as good of a results that you hope for, then you need more matches. And, you know, it just depends really, you know, how I will do on these tournaments, and we will decide for the rest."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2EZSgbO

No comments