Breaking News

Now there are more friendships on the women's tour, says Serena Williams

In a press conference at the BNP Paribas Open Serena Williams commented on how common or uncommon friendships are on the women's tour. The American player said: "It's not super common with a lot of top players, but recently, I think in the past few years, it's been more common than it was when I first came on tour. I'm close with a lot of the ladies on tour. So I think it's getting more common, and it's great because a lot of us travel. We see each other more than sometimes we see our own family members. I feel like we, in the group in the locker room, have gotten more supportive than it was when I first came on tour and just grinding every week. You know, these are not only -- we play against them, but they are also our colleagues, and I feel like that's how I try to look at it."

On the situation involving California, Serena said: "I'm still on tour and very much involved in tennis, so not really thinking about that yet. You know, I'm just... I actually feel ashamed I haven't really thought about that. Yeah, I thought about that I didn't think about that a couple weeks ago. And I was getting nervous because I understand a lot of these schools are filled up, like, when your baby is in your belly. I'm like, Oh, my God, what am I going to do? I don't know what I'm going to do. I really am kind of nervous that I'm not nervous more about it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2F0e1Z0

No comments