Breaking News

Rafael Nadal can teach me everything, says Jaume Munar

In an interview to ATP Tennis Radio, Jaume Munar commented on his relationship with Rafael Nadal. They often train together at the 17-time Grand Slam time winner's academy. Their relationship changed and evolved over the months. “At the beginning, he was my, maybe, work partner, or something like this. Right now he’s a friend for me. We are sharing a lot of moments on court and off court. I know him a lot right now and he’s special. I think he can teach me everything I’m going to see during the years on the tour. I think he’s trying to do this because he wants me to be the best player I can be, and also I have one of the best friends of Rafa in my team—the relationships is getting closer and I’m really happy with this.”

Munar also commented about the former world No. 3 David Ferrer's impact on his career: “David is amazing for me, I’m in love with this guy. I always say that David is my idol. I think he’s a person who is a “ten” in life and also he’s this way on the tennis court. I have very much respect for him and I think and I hope he will a wonderful career outside of tennis and wonderful life. Something is going to change for him in the next months but I’m pretty sure that the person he is and he has been during the whole of these years on tour he will be for all his life.”

Asked what ranking goals he would like to get in the future, Munar concluded: “It’s difficult in the situation I am right now to say numbers, but I am feeling like I am growing. I am growing as a player, I really feel like I can do it right now. I have been working so hard for this and this is the important part right now. You have to remain clear and I think I am. I know that I will have my chances for the year. I started with the South American swing and I did well there. Just keep growing… maybe to say a number inside the Top 40 but I don’t like the numbers.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2WxBgRf

No comments