Breaking News

Refreshing mindset after singles to play doubles wasn't easy, says Djokovic

Novak Djokovic's run in Indian Wells has stopped only partly. The Serbian player lost to Philipp Kohlschreiber in singles but he advanced in doubles alongside Fabio Fognini. On Tuesday, the Serbian and Italian duo defeated Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau 7-6(6), 2-6, 10-6. After the match, Djokovic said: "I had to get over it in an hour because I played doubles. I must admit I was thinking about it. When I hit a good return, I was wondering why this didn't happen in singles. But it is, I guess, part of the world that we are in, the world of tennis. It's part of our world, and we just have to bounce back very quickly. And in this case, it's good for me that I'm participating in doubles here because I get a chance to rectify the wrongs. [It's] not easy mentally to refresh your mindset and concentration and get the right intensity on the court so quickly after the disappointing loss in singles. But it's not the first time. I have done it in the past. I'm happy that we managed to pull that one through. We beat a very experienced doubles team."

Djokovic competed in doubles at last year's Miami Open, Queen's Club, Toronto. He was committed to Monte Carlo as well but on that occasion, Filip Krajinovic was forced to withdraw. "I love playing doubles," admitted the 31-year-old. "I don't play often. I play a few times a year. So these are the rare occasions where I could potentially do well. I've got a Grand Slam champion on my side of the net, someone that has great hands in doubles."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2u7SEjt

No comments