Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Hubert Hurkacz apologized me on every mistake in practice'

Roger Federer felt pleased with his straight-set win over Kyle Edmund at the BNP Paribas Open. In an interview, the Swiss player said: "I am feeling great, not feeling any tiredness from Dubai or from whatever I played here. I have not played every day and we had enough time in between so I am really happy to how I started. I think in all the matches I can be really happy of that, and being in the lead always helps. You can play more freely and I had to fight in some of the matches naturally but clearly we are looking forward to the quarter-finals now."

On his next opponent Hubert Hurkacz, Federer concluded: "One of those great stories, and I think really interesting to follow. He played in the Next Gen finals also with all the guys and he is part of that group who is really doing well. I practiced with him, he warmed me up for one of the matches in Shanghai after he lost and he stayed for nothing, a Challenger over there and I was still in the tournament. I rememeber in the warm up he barely made any mistake and anytime he made a mistake he apologizes so he is really a nice guy and he seems very sweet but I am happy for him, he is playing so well, and beat Nishikori in Dubai and here back to back and also now Shapovalov. That's some eye and effort that shows what he has got and what we will see of him in the future. So I am looking forward to the match of course."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TRAVLM

No comments