Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Rafael Nadal looked supreme this week'

For Roger Federer, being able to compete against the top players and beating them is the key to keep playing on the professional tour. The Swiss spoke about it when he was asked about a potential semifinal clash against Rafael Nadal. "I think that's also one of the reasons I'm still in the game is that hopefully when I play the top guys that I'm ready for it. For that, I train hard", said Federer. "The thing is, is when I'm still quite highly ranked, I don't see them very soon in the draw, so I have to go a long way to get to them. And it's not easy to get to semis or finals of Masters 1000s. I'm very happy this week. I hope I can get there, but I'm not going to underestimate Hubert. Yeah, Rafa looked supreme this week. He clearly also goes in as I favorite against Khachanov, but Khachanov played a good match just now against Isner. I think that's also going to be quite a test for Rafa, but same for me with Hubert. I don't think we're looking too far ahead, to be honest."

Federer also spoke about: "I feel like I probably did it even more extreme in my junior years that it almost felt like it was too long, too extreme. But nobody ever told me to do it or told me to stop doing it. You know, for me, it's the only way to play tennis, and it happens to be that way. So I can't explain how that came about."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TKyvhW

No comments