Breaking News

Roger Federer: I am not overly panicky in the big moments

Roger Federer was pleased with his straight-set win over his compatriot Stan Wawrinka in Indian Wells. The 20-time Grand Slam winner prevailed 6-3, 6-4 and in a post-match interview, he said: “I think I felt good from the beginning. It's very different to the beginning of the tournament in Dubai where it was also more windy and I had not also played for a while so I am getting in the four point mentality. I am just not overly panicky when big moments come about in the match so I have got clarity and that always comes when you are playing enough tennis, plus have no pain in my body. I am very happy with where I am now and then playing very good because Stan clearly can play very well. He might have been a bit tired from his match against Marton Fucsovics but I thought it was still a high-quality match."

Commenting on the weather condition, Federer added: "The breeze picked up a little bit for the evening, I thought, but I didn't feel like it had that much of a play in it," Federer added. "I think for me the plan worked. I was and able to mix up my game, cover my serve, be dangerous on the return. Maybe take some rhythm away from Stan, like I always try to do, but you can't always make it work.”

The Basel native played his seventh match in the last two weeks. He will not play any tournament in April.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2O5g2HD

No comments