Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I forgot what my coach told me about tactics vs Radu Albot'

Roger Federer may be seen as a perfect player by many people, but he is not. The Swiss player admitted that he forgot the tactics he had planned prior to the opening round match against Radu Albot with his coach Severin Luthi.

"I started forgetting things that my coach told me in the mix of things so it got really complicated in my head", admitted Federer. "I was able to pull it off and played some good tennis, and I needed to. I was very much tested by Albot, it wasn’t easy. He got off to a good start and I struggled early on, with decision making and getting use to the stadium and the conditions. [The conditions] are the same for him so there is no excuse there but it was just difficult. These first rounds are never easy and [Albot] has had a good past few weeks and you could feel it. He’s got a great attitude and he really knew what he wanted to do out there, it really felt like he was the guy with a clear plan and I didn’t have it. You have to play it a little bit different, the margins are so slim and I just felt that in the first couple of sets there was maybe seven important shots or important points to be played and I felt they all went his way..It’s so much to do with what shot to take or what point to take the a shot or if you’re just happy rallying - if you’re always in two minds you pay the price badly.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UVwdd7

No comments