Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I need some luck and good draw to win the French Open'

In an interview to RTS, Roger Federer opened up on his chances to win his second French Open title. The Swiss player felt a little optimistic about it. "I think I could win it", admitted Federer. "I need to have some luck, a good draw and starting the tournament well. If I come back to Paris it's for pleasure. When I am there I get a lot of support from the fans. My win in 2009 is one of the biggest in my career."

Asked if he can be back as a world No. 1, Federer replied: "It's always possible. You have to win two or three Grand Slams in a row. Now it's more complicated for me. I am older and I play less tournaments. Obviously, if you play less you have fewer chances and when you lose early in a tournament, it affects your ranking. Now the rankings are not a priority for me. Novak is coming from winning three Majors in a row so I cannot set such a goal now. I think that coming back to the number one is almost impossible. Until I feel I can win a Grand Slam, as I did two years ago, everything will be okay. I'd rather be 17th and win a Grand Slam than being the third and not win anything."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Jj17ec

No comments