Breaking News

Davis Cup is my most exciting project but not main job, says Gerard Pique

The FC Barcelona defender Gerard Pique considers his role in Kosmos Tennis as a very important commitment, but not as his main job. Pique is making a big effort in promoting and developing the new Davis Cup format, but he stays focused on the job that made him a famous person. "Some players ask me what's my role, they may not understand how I manage to handle it", said Pique as quoted by Le Matin Dimanche newspaper. "But my main job is being a footballer, no doubt about it. As a matter of fact, being busy helped me to avoid mistakes and to be focused. Otherwise, I know that I would have gotten criticized."

Pique went to Shanghai last year in October to start negotiations with agents to bring world-class tennis in Madrid in November: "At every tournament, you will ask: 'Will you play? Do you like the new format?' It doesn't matter if all the best players are there, it's the first year. But after that others will convince their colleagues to play. This is my most exciting project. We are very excited, we have been working on this for over a year now and we have a tremendous team of people involved. We're all working together to make this a true festival. I saw Davis Cup as an opportunity and we believe we can create something very special..", concluded Pique, who is one of the main FC Barcelona stars.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FiCJVZ

No comments