Breaking News

David Ferrer put Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in troubles - Schwartzman

In a press conference Diego Schwartzman reflected on David Ferrer's retirement from tennis that will happen in May at the Madrid Open. The 36-year-old is set to play in Buenos Aires for the last time in his career this week. "He put in troubles (Rafael) Nadal and (Roger) Federer several times. He is a player who I admire a lot both on and off-court for the values he gives. I learned a lot from him."

Schwartzman reflected on what it means to him to play a home tournament: "The event is very special because my friends and family do not see me all weeks. I enjoy it. Hopefully, I can give the best show and they enjoy seeing me live."

Ferrer, a three-time tournament winner, said: "I come here prepared. I have great memories from here. However, I keep being unbeaten, which is unbelievable and I will do everything possible to continue like this. I do not know if I leave a legacy, I did what I could in my career. I felt very proud of it. I leave calm, I leave the tennis happy. My three titles here came in a row. The best three years of my tennis life were in Buenos Aires."

Fabio Fognini also praised Ferrer: "Ferru is a great hard-worker. Luckily he retires, so I will be able to win a little bit more". Fognini continued: "He is an unbelievable person. Fighter, unique. Hopefully, there will be people like him on Tour for many more years. We will definitely miss him."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UEWlZL

No comments