Breaking News

The way Naomi Osaka faces Serena Williams is cool - Shiffrin

Mikaela Shiffrin is a very passionate tennis fan. The American skier has a great relationship with the 20-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer but she admires the women's tennis as well. Speaking on Tuesday, Shiffrin, who is going through probably the best time in her career, said: "Somebody I've been watching lately, and I'm really excited for, is Naomi Osaka. I think that she at least seems like a really nice, down-to-earth girl, trying to do her job and coming up the ranks in a sport that has Serena Williams, the face of tennis. Watching Osaka and seeing how she handles herself competing against one of her biggest idols has been pretty cool for me to see", Shiffrin said.

She also spoke about her goals in promoting the sport: "It's not just about success. It's about doing everything you can to promote (skiing). That's a part of your job as an athlete."

She finally commented on her character: "I wouldn't say I'm the most self-confident person out there but I feel comfortable in my own skin and I certainly feel comfortable on my skis. I would like to believe that just being a really kind person and a good athlete and having success is enough to promote the sport, but it's not really. There needs to be some drama, some excitement, some really big personalities. For me, maybe I'm growing into that", concluded the American champion.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JiXCV7

No comments