Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I never thought I would be playing tennis having children'

Roger Federer was just 28 years old when he became a father for the first time as his wife Mirka gave birth daughters Myla and Charlene. In a recent interview during a Uniqlo event, the Swiss said he is surprised that his career continued despite fatherhood.

'I never thought I would be playing tennis having children, it is not in my dream vision when I was a little boy. My vision as little boy was maybe to hold up my title at Wimbledon and see my parents there. And then all of a sudden you have a wonderful wife and four children looking down towards you and your parents looking down towards you, and your parents and your friends. And it became just more than a... My dreams did not carry me that far', said Federer.

The Basel native also commented on US Open champion Naomi Osaka's potential: 'When you are as good as Naomi, you improve every day. I also try to improve every day but I say "trying". But with Naomi is visible that you grow so much just by playing matches, training, like keep training to be in the same locker room and the same practice courts, match courts like the other great players. And I am sure she had just maybe matured in her game.'

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uvyyjv

No comments