Breaking News

Zverev: 'Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer are the biggest fighters in tennis'

In an interview Alexander Zverev commented on David Ferrer's legacy in tennis. The German said: "He is one of the biggest fighters in tennis history. With Nadal, I did not see anything having such an attitude on court, playing at full intensity despite having achieved everything and keep pushing in every match. It's incredible to see him competing, I wish him the best in those last tournament and hopefully he has a very happy life."

"We understand each other very well, it's funny to work together and we are achieving great successes. My best results were with him in the team, now we work a lot on the mental side, which is the one that will make me do the final step in the Grand Slams."

On being unable to go far in Majors - he reached the quarter-finals just once losing to Dominic Thiem in the French Open final - Zverev concluded: "You do not have to exaggerate things. It's a normal process that always happened in my career. I also struggled in performing at a high level at Masters 1000 level, I did not go through quarter-finals for a long time but when I did it I was among the biggest title Leaders in these events. I think the same thing will happen with Grand Slams, I have to work hard to get to some final stage and then I will earn the needed experienced to make the next step".

Zverev will play the Monte Carlo Masters next.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HWWUdS

No comments