Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Win over Nadal at 2005 Miami showed I had great character'

In an interview to USA Today, Roger Federer commented on the highlights of his career. The Swiss player had a lot of time to reflect on it after winning his 100th career-title in Dubai and he indicated a lot of moments.

"In a way, I think always getting that first one (title) out of the way was big, and that happened in Milan in 2001", said Federer. "I was extremely relieved I was able to do that, looking back at it. Cracking the top 10 in Hamburg (2002) when I beat (Marat) Safin in the finals was a big win for me. Then in 2005 when I won in five sets in Miami against Rafa (Nadal) was big for me having been down two sets and a break, but I found a way to win it. That really showed me I had great character on the court, and I learned a lot about myself in that match. It was a milestone victory for me as I was still very young. My first Slam (Wimbledon 2003), pressure situations where I tried to go for my fifth Wimbledon and, of course, French Open 2009 has to stand out as a very special victory. Winning my first Swiss title back in Gstaad in 2004 and Basel in 2006 was important to me. So I’ve had a lot of fun times on the tour, to say the least."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FkYvsa

No comments