Breaking News

Roger Federer: Without Mirka, things would've turned out very differently

In a 2018 interview to The Wall Street Journal, Roger Federer praised his wife Mirka's role on his comeback to the top after suffering a knee injury in 2016. “In moments of doubt, I could go to her and ask her how she really felt, if she believed I could come back again. Without her, things would have turned out very differently," said the Swiss.

Anna Wintour, Vogue Magazine's editor-in-chief and a close Federer's friend, added: “There’s no one who’s been more a part of his success than Mirka.” What could Federer do once he retires from the game? "I think Roger can do whatever he wants—he’s an incredibly smart businessman. Whatever he does in fashion, he’ll think about it carefully. He knows a lot of us in that world; he’ll take advice, and he’ll surround himself with the right people. No one would be in his box cheering him on more than I would.”

How would Federer like to be remembered by people? “Good for the game. That people enjoyed watching me – and I brought the game forward like Laver and others did. I want [to know that] people who came to see me and paid a lot for tickets, left with a good feeling. They got their money’s worth.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JIHVqm

No comments