Breaking News

Serena Williams's losses are shocking for everyone, says Venus

Venus Williams draws inspiration from her sister Serena every day. The 38-year-old wants to keep competing at the highest level and in Indian Wells, she was asked how she reacts when the 23-time Grand Slam winner loses. "I think I have watched her win so many times, and those wins just always felt like we were all winning. So when she loses, which isn't often, it's just a really foreign feeling, to be honest, and probably a shock for everybody (smiling). I don't think anyone wants to play her. If you can get through it and you've got a win, it's kind of like a career moment, you know", said Venus.

Venus also revealed she trained in Arizona prior to this tournament: "I did hit with some of the kids. I loved hitting with them."

Asked what her major decisions have been in career, Venus replied: "I don't even know. I think the decision to work hard, fight hard, and put the ball in the court. Those are pretty good, important decisions. But at the end of the day, you live another day to fight."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TQHiyM

No comments