Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka shares why facing Roger Federer is tough

Stan Wawrinka was disappointed with his straight-set loss to Roger Federer. The match did not even last an hour and speaking to the press Wawrinka said: "I was a little bit hesitant and I did not move well. I was broken first and I paid the price. Because from then he just played great. Federer is the best player of all time and he bothers me the most because he has a lot of variety, plays fast, does not give any rhythm and keeps inventing something new."

Federer had a similar opinion on the match. Speaking to the Swiss channel SRF, the 20-time Grand Slam winner said: “Very happy with my game, I played with a lot of variety which caused some problems for Stan, I was aggressive on the return which is what I wanted. I have much respect from Edmund, he played a tournament here just before and won it", Federer said referring to his next match.

Novak Djokovic instead lost to Philipp Kohlschreiber. The Serb said he was not surprised by the German's performance: "He's been around for so many years, and he doesn't really get overwhelmed by the occasion of playing on center court or anything like that. He's proven he can win against top guys. He's been around so many years, and he's got an experience of playing on a big stage. It's not really a surprise."

Djokovic will play the Miami Open next. There, the 15-time Major winner last triumphed in 2016. We will see how he will perform this time.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HtBUuU

No comments