Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: 'Beating Federer, Novak Djokovic back to back was great'

In a press conference on Monday, Alexander Zverev recalled his ATP Finals win in London last year. The Swiss defeated Federer in the semifinals and Djokovic in the final. "It was definitely the best way to the end the season, winning such an important title and beating Novak and Roger. It was a great week that gave me a lot of confidence. That was not easy, because Novak had beaten me in the round robin. He and Roger are real legends of the game, so I feel very proud of beating them in such an important event. I was the first ATP Finals winner since Boris Becker in 1995, that's an unbelievable honour, Boris did so much for the German tennis and just being on the winner's list is great", admitted the 21-year-old.

How important would be to win a Major title? "I can only put myself in the position to win it. I am giving everything to give the best."

About his feelings on clay, Zverev said: “I enjoy playing on it. I’m one of those guys that look forward to playing on it, not even because I win, but I enjoy the long rallies, I enjoy the running around, sliding around the court and stuff like this. Clay with indoor hard courts is probably my favourite surface right now."

On Felix-Auger Aliassime, Zverev added: “Felix is obviously a little bit younger than us and he’s doing amazing. Canada has probably two Grand Slam champions growing up right now. Denis, even though he may be struggling a little bit more than everybody expected, trust me, he will be on top of the game soon and Felix as well. I think Canada if everything goes well and no injuries occur or something like this, they will be on top of the game."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UGz3Xr

No comments