Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Seeing Notre Dame fire was shocking'

In a press conference in Monte Carlo Novak Djokovic commented on the disaster of Notre-Dame. The Serb will be, like all the other players, in Paris next month competing in the French Open. "I saw it late last night, so I have not had a discussion about that with no one other than my team and close people around. I have not spoken to French guys", said Djokovic. "It's one of the most iconic cultural, religious, you know, infrastructures in Europe. It's quite shocking to see that. As I understood, I also saw that simultaneously, at the same time in Jerusalem, a mosque was burning, as well. I don't know if there is any connection or something, but it's really sad seeing those iconic buildings and structures to fall like that. You know, I'm sending my prayers and of course my best wishes to Parisians, all French people. Hopefully, Notre-Dame will rise again."

Djokovic also commented on his role as ATP Player's Council president: "I think we will try to work with what we have, and I think men's tennis and women's tennis is doing pretty well in the last 10 years, considering, you know. So we are moving in the right direction, and things that we can always improve and I think that's positive."

Djokovic won the French Open in 2016 and by achieving that he completed the Career Grand Slam which was definitely a milestone for him.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DnAOxQ

No comments