Breaking News

David Ferrer shares funny chat with Roger Federer dated back to Hopman Cup

In an interview, David Ferrer was asked who he would have liked to beat in his career and instead failed to. "I played 17 times against Roger Federer and I could never defeat him, he also coincided in my same era and he was the best of history for Grand Slam titles. This year we were at the Hopman Cup and I told, Let's see if I can beat you. He laughed and told me, Well, in the training session you may beat me. We laughed a lot", said the 36-year-old.

Speaking to ATP, Ferrer added: "I was very lucky with my parents. I’m not just saying that because it’s them, but I’ve always had great respect and regard for this sport. They gave me values in life for which I will be eternally grateful. My father has always set an example. He always insisted that the important thing is not to win or lose, but to do whatever you can, try your best and enjoy playing. You have to be clear that it’s only a sport. You have to understand that defeat hurts and he understood that. But my parents did a good job and I never felt pressured."

What will he do following his career? "I haven’t thought about it much. I’m sure it’ll be something in the world of tennis. I love and adore it. My life has been so intense and I have travelled so much that what I want is to be with my family for a while and slow down a little. Being able to travel a little slower, to discover the world in a more relaxed way and to focus more on them. Spending time with my family and my son. I’d like to ski, to commentate, which I’ve never done, and to know how I can communicate… It’s a way of learning through teaching. I have really enjoyed teaching 10 to 16-year-olds. It’s a time for young people and teenagers and that’s where I’d like to help. Not this year, because I want to take a break, but it’s something I’m excited about for next year."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XEfYlB

No comments