Breaking News

Don't blame Nick Kyrgios for hitting undearm serve, says Robin Haase

In an interview to ATP Tennis Radio Robin Haase commented on Nick Kyrgios hitting underarm serves against Rafael Nadal in Acapulco. In a press conference, the Spaniard claimed that the Australian player was disrespectful. During the Monte Carlo Masters, Haase said: "Last year I played Peter Goyowczyk, he started to serve and he hit winner after winner. I did not know what to do, so I hit an underarm serve being 4-0 down, he came to the net and I played a good passing shot and from that moment the whole match changed. I won 6-4 6-4 and if I did not hit that underarm serve, I could have lost 6-1. Of course, everyone can have their own opinion but what I do not understand is that they think it's disrespectful. I do not understand that. Is a drop shot disrespectful? If you do it in a tactical way, it can never be disrespectful if you use that to win. If you instead hit a drop shot and then you intentionally hit your opponent, that's a different story. But the underarm serve is a smart play and it could be used by John Isner, Ivo Karlovic probably even more because they can win points."

Haase also spoke about how his schedule works: "I like to play, I like doubles but of course I have to make choices so I do not play doubles in events".

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IDMSPV

No comments