Breaking News

I see myself as world No. 1 in five years time, says Alexander Zverev

In an interview to Bild, Alexander Zverev commented on how he sees himself in five to ten year time. "I see myself as a world No. 1. In five years I will still be in Monte Carlo, continuing to enjoy my life between tennis and private", said the 21-year-old. "And I hope to travel with my brother in the tournaments around the world. In ten years? I will be a family man. I hope to have the right woman, maybe my first son. And to still play tennis."

Zverev also has Russian grassroots but he feels German: "I will not play for another country. I was born and grown in Germany, I went to school there and I have German friends. Yeah, I have Russian grassroots and also something Russian in me. Not giving up, fighting without stopping. That's definitely Russian. My parents have always been like this. But every human being is different. You can understand the situation and the thought if you want. But I can just speak for myself, not for other athletes."

On the buzz around him and Lena Gercke at the Sports dinner in Germany, Zverev added: "We met each other in Munich at the tournament and then we walked together more and more times on the street. She was also in London in my ATP Finals championship clash. At the Sport dance, we went together, yes. And we also have a common friend here in Munich, who is now her agent. She is an unbelievably nice girl, she is unbelievably nice. We are really close. But we were never a couple."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UEXXBY

No comments