Breaking News

I was very sure Nadal would beat Federer in 2017 Australian Open -Thiem

In an interview to Tennis Channel Dominic Thiem recalled the Roger Federer's five-set 2017 Australian Open final over Rafael Nadal. Asked if he thought that Nadal would win when he was leading 3-1 in the fifth set, Thiem replied: "I was very sure about it."

On Federer repeating himself a few months later in Wimbledon winning his eighth title there, Thiem added: "About this I was not surprised at all, he was before the tournament the main favourite for me and somehow there was nobody who could reach his level in Wimbledon and that's how he played the whole tournament, so it was not a surprise."

On his win over Nadal in the 2017 Rome Open quarter-finals, Thiem said: "It was an unbelievable match but I also know that I cannot play this a lot of times per year but probably that's what it takes to beat him on clay when he is at his best. I would prefer that it happened in Roland Garros but it was also nice in Rome."

On the on-court coaching, the 25-year-old concluded: "I do not like it so much. The thing I would change is that you do not get a warning if you get coached from up there because I do not think it disturbs anybody but I want to relax and chill out in the changeovers and not talk about anything."

Following his loss to Thiem in Barcelona, Nadal said: After this week my confidence is back. I really believe that I made very good improvements to create a good base to try to achieve my goals during the next couple of weeks

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V3e7tO

No comments