Breaking News

Novak Djokovic explains why training makes him have butterflies in stomach

Novak Djokovic commented on his training in the transition from hard courts to clay. After the Miami Open, the Serb hit hard the gym. "There is still a lot of intensity and more specific work nowadays. It just depends, it goes through phases sometimes, you try to work with less information and it feels better because it's simpler sometimes, you need a little feedback from your coach, more conversation but there is a lot of sweat involved otherwise it would be very hard to be at the top of men's game and to play consistently well throughout the entire year so I know what it takes and how demanding it is. But I enjoy the process, that's what counts the most and what brings you butterflies in the stomach", said Djokovic.

On how he feels playing the Monte Carlo Masters, he added: "Actually these days I have been biking, most of the time that I spend here training in Monaco and I know this club very well, it definitely feels like home having a bigger family these few weeks before the tournament, during the tournament, it's around Easter time so families come together. It's a very special feeling, sleeping in your own bed, eating food at home and being five-minute ride bike from the courts where you play at home. It's a unique week for me, I have had success here in the past, I definitely have good memories and I will try to relive those memories and have a good one."

Djokovic will then take a rest coming back on track in Madrid next month.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GjrqMD

No comments