Breaking News

Marin Cilic: 'I can play until 40 years of age, if my wife wants to...'

In an interview in Monte Carlo, Marin Cilic was asked if he sees himself playing until 38 years of age like Roger Federer is doing. "Maybe until 40! But I do not know if my wife will agree with me", Cilic said laughing.

A bit difficult start to the season. I had some problems with my knee in Australia, I did not pull out from my last match against Bautista but I had difficult problems, but I took five weeks off, I did not play any tournament until Dubai and in these last three tournaments I have played in I did not feel the best, I had some pain here and there but I also played some good guys, I did not have some good draws either and I feel I need to get a couple more matches to get into the good form and I hope I can start well here."

"For the guys who did not play clay-court South American tournaments it's a bit more difficult it's the first week on clay, it's a big tournament and you really want to do well but you are also aware that you might not be in the top form on clay, so it's a bit of a balance and it's a great way to start here in Monte Carlo where I always felt good."

Novak Djokovic looks to go far after some disappointing results too. "Especially if you are world number one or one of the top players, you are expected to go far in the tournament, you are always one of the favourites and the lights are on you and most of the players that you play do not have much to lose, they go out on the court and sometimes they play their best tennis, and really step in or dictate the ball early or dictate the play", said the Serb. "My game is obviously based around the baseline, clay court is the most demanding surface physically and also in terms of constructing the point, so you really have to be patient and understand that you will always have to get an extra ball back, comparing to other surfaces. So it's not different from any other season, I try to take the best of the clay-court seasons that I have had in previous years and use it this year."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VN3Le0

No comments