Breaking News

Roger Federer's game inspires me, says Auger-Aliassime

In an interview to Sky Sport, Felix Auger-Aliassime was asked what his biggest heroes were as a kid. The 18-year-old said: "I do not have a hero but role models. There is no one that I put above God. I obviously get inspired by Roger Federer, his serve, his shots. Outside of that, my father was very close to me, he inspired me when I was a kid."

Auger-Aliassime is satisfied with his season: "This year has been quite a year. Until three years I was playing and winning Grand Slam junior draws at 16 years of age. It was a big thing because you play with guys of your age and playing well against them was a big thing. Then, Challengers, you have to improve and be able to win again. This year I reached my first final in Rio and it helped me going into Indian Wells and Miami. I played well and I improved a lot. Tennis is a big part of my life but I am very happy with what's going on off the court."

On how his popularity got bigger, he concluded: "I think this popularity started little by little. It was not sudden popularity. It started at my city level and then at the province level and then at the international level. Therefore, even if I'm young, it's been quite a few years that I have had to cope with this growing popularity. So this is not a recent phenomenon, but it is true that this is of a higher scale. I had to adapt to it. But it's not a big deal. I mean, you just have to remain the same. I just am the same, follow my routine, so this is not really a problem for me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UrKJbH

No comments