Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is still the French Open favorite, says Fabio Fognini

Fabio Fognini slowed down expectations on his chances to win the French Open. Following his straight-set win over Dusan Lajovic in the Monte Carlo Masters final, the Italian player said: 'I'm thinking about Monte-Carlo at the moment because I would like to enjoy this trophy tonight with my family and friends". Can he be considered a favourite for the Roland Garros? "No. to be honest, no. I mean, the favourite is still Rafa Nadal and I'm not the only one to say that, because he won, I don't know how many times, and every week that we play on this surface he's still the favourite. So I am just thinking about next tournament, next match that I would like to play, and we will see if I'm in really good shape. You have to be lucky also in the draw. So a lot of things. But it's not my problem right now, believe me."

Analyzing his win over the Serb, Fognini added: "I was starting break down. Then I won 6-3. Then break again. I was, I don't know if a bit unlucky or he was playing two shots like crazy. Because I think I was 1-0, 30-0, and he makes one passing along the line when I was to the net, and the second one was I think 30-All, backhand along the line like crazy. So I think experience work on this kind of conditions, especially because play normal tennis was really difficult yesterday and today because of the weather. But is not important anymore."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vwLsyh

No comments