Breaking News

Roger Federer: '2001 Wimbledon win vs Pete Sampras was my most special one'

In an interview to RTS, Roger Federer was asked what was his most special match win in career. The Swiss had no doubts. "For me Pete Sampras. The match at Wimbledon in 2001", said Federer. "It was the match which allowed me to beginning dreaming afar, to think that if I could beat Sampras there, I could have beaten anybody anywhere. Even if it won't be as simple as that later. It was a dream match for me though. I could play only once against Sampras, it was a child's dream match for me."

The world No. 4 does not see the finish line yet: "I feel I can still achieve great things. I'd say the pleasure. I still aim to achieve tge greatest things, travelling around the world and meeting a lot of people is amazing. I think it's one of the reasons why I keep playing."

Federer also commented on his love for other sports: "I love basketball. Thus I already met Toni Parker. He is a nice guy. Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal are people who inspired me in order to become an athlete too. Especially basketball, it was the coolest sport at that time, with Michael Jordan, the Chicago Bulls, the Orlando Magic, etc."

Federer said he does not plan to get into politics world anytime soon. The Swiss player does not see himself as a Minister of the Sport or any role surrounded to that. "Politics not too much, but never say never, I am very content in sports or business but in politics, it's more difficult for me to get excited about that", said Federer.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LlxXfB

No comments