Breaking News

The desire to develop his game is the key for Roger Federer - Coach

In an interview, Roger Federer's coach Severin Luthi commented on the Swiss player's choice to hire Ivan Ljubicic back in 2015 replacing Stefan Edberg who was in the team in 2014 and 2015. "He would not be where he is at 37 years if he did not have the desire to develope his game. Even Djokovic is developing his game, Nadal is not totally happy, and they know that at some point if they stop, they will retire. So they try to find new ways. And I have a lot of respect for that", said Luthi.

On how the whole process happened, Luthi added: "We knew that Stefan wanted to stop at the end of 2015. So Roger asked me if I wanted to work alone with him full time. But I thought it was better to take someone else. For two reasons. For him, first of all. Because I think he is very strong when he gets inspired by the ideas of different people. It keeps him very entertained and young. Someone would struggle in changing so often, but not everyone. It's always grateful to have a new external aspect from someone who knows tennis well. And second, I think it's important for me to do well. It allows me to help him more. So I told him I was happy to call someone and he picked Ljubi, I think that was a good choice. It's always interesting to hear a new point of view. Someone will say "he got this from Stefan, he got that from Ivan", but it's a process and you never know when it all pays off."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZE2LLF

No comments