Breaking News

Alexander Zverev once again jokes with Yorkshire journalist at RG

German tennis star Alexander Zverev and journalist Jonathan Pinfield have met once again at the French Open as the German joked after being asked a question by the Yorkshireman. 

Zverev, seeded at No. 5, survived a four-hour and an eight-minute marathon as he needed five sets to prevail over world No. 56 John Millman 7-6 (4) 6-3 2-6 6-7 (5) 6-3. 

Last year, the 22-year-old German asked Pinfield from where he was after being asked a question by the English journalist. 

Once Zverev found out Mr. Pinfield was from Yorkshire, he reacted: "Love it. I don't understand a word you're saying. If they ever make a tournament there I'm coming just because of that accent." 

Now, a year later, after being asked by Mr. Pinfield what would make Roland Garros special for him this year, Zverev replied: "I don't know, but if I win it, I'm going to Yorkshire. That's the first thing I'm going (to do)." 

Zverev, who plays qualifier Ymer next, then got serious as he continued: "Look, I'm here to play my best. I'm here to win matches. Today was a tough one. You know, I'm excited for what's coming ahead. Most important, I'm still in the tournament, and that's all that matters."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YWzev8

No comments