Breaking News

Alexander Zverev shares main reason behind loss to Tsitsipas

In a press conference following his three-set loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas, Alexander Zverev was asked if playing on the Arantxa Sanchez Court instead of the Manolo Santana Court had an influenced. The German replied: "It doesn't matter. I never lost a match on center court here. I like the court more. I mean, he's playing very good. He's obviously improved a lot. His serve is very, very good, I was surprised today. And the second shot he hits it unbelievably aggressive so it was not easy. I mean, I actually thought I played really well the first two sets. I had one bad game in two sets and that was at 5-All when he broke me and I kind of broke myself there. So, this was the only thing. Going into the third set, if I break earlier than 1-1, maybe it would be different. But, yeah, he won today and he's in the semifinals and I got to go to Rome and prepare the best I can."

Asked what he could have done better, Zverev replied: "Playing more aggressive in the more important moments because that is why I lost today. Let's be realistic. I mean, a few of those faults in the match to the 2-1 game to break myself in the third set and I played very defensively in that game. And to step up and play the same way even in the important moments. This is something I was always doing really well the last year and I got to get that back again", the 22-year-old concluded.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HdCkoA

No comments