Breaking News

Del Potro: I am a bit older and more broken than in the last year

Juan Martin del Potro spoke about his physical condition. "I am a bit older and broken than the last year. It's the beginning, I hope the end is similar because the last year was a great tournament for me. But I am aware how I am doing. We know that those tournaments are part of the recovery planned with doctors. You do not have to keep expectations very high but just take care of the knee and health in order to have more important goals in the second half of the season. I'm feeling well. I'm practicing regularly. I play matches. I have played already three tournaments up to now. And after this tournament, we'll assess the situation and see what will be my next tournament, if my health is okay. But I'm in a period of transition, rehabilitation of my knee and reaching perfect health state and trying to focus again on tennis and results."

On Nicolas Jarry, del Potro concluded: "He has a great potential. He has a very comprehensive tennis. From what I had seen up to now, he's a good player in a good way, capable of winning against any opponent because he's very aggressive. I faced that during the first set. He was dictating the game during the first set. Then his intensity decreased, and I was able to take over the control of the game. But I think he has a great potential. He has a great serve, excellent shots, and on this surface he's playing well and other surfaces certainly well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IbUHd1

No comments