Breaking News

Denis Shapovalov proved potential by beating Nadal - Borfiga

In an interview, the former player Louis Borfiga commented on Denis Shapovalov's potential. The Canadian player reached the Miami Open semifinals in April losing to Roger Federer and he is still trying to improve a lot. Borfiga said: "He has everything and he proved it when he was 18 and beat Nadal, del Potro and Mannarino", said Borfiga recalling the magical Shapovalov's run in the 2017 Montreal Rogers Cup. "So he too has a huge potential, there’s no doubt about it. He has the quality of ball-striking and arm speed which is scary for his opponents. Sure he uses up a lot of energy and he’s always lunging around from left to right. But he’ll learn to channel things a bit – but he also has to keep his own personality because that’s what his charm is. He makes amazing shots, he twists and turns…he jumps. And Felix too has to keep his personality. He’s comfortable with himself and knows what to do. But the two of them…I think it’s good that the two have different personalities.”

Borfiga also praised Bianca Andreescu: “I talk to a lot of coaches on the tour and I remember I was speaking with Fabrice Santoro about Bianca. And all of sudden he said to me that he doesn’t watch much women’s tennis but by chance, he watched the final at Indian Wells. ‘I couldn’t take my eyes off the match,’ he told me. ‘If women’s tennis is Bianca, I’d watch all the matches.’ That’s a heck of a compliment because he’s a guy who knows tennis.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZVu1VI

No comments