Breaking News

Kyle Edmund:'French Open outfit has something to do with French Revolution'

In a press conference, Kyle Edmund commented on his French Open outfit. The British player said: "It's okay. I mean, you get what you're given with Nike. So there's actually a story behind it rather than they just decide to come up with it. So there's a reason to do with the French Revolution, I was told. And, yeah, I mean, I wouldn't personally pick flowers if I had to do it, but... I'm sure if you said I would like to wear something else and I don't want to play in this, they would accommodate. But, you know, I've played in pink kits and bright yellow kits, so this one was not too bad. There's a white one as well with some pictures on it. That's more to do with the story behind it. So, yeah."

Analyzing his win, Edmund added: "It was similar to what I was saying earlier. I just knew that the intensity had to be high. There's no point coming out there sort of thinking you're going to play five sets. You have to really manage yourself that I could allow myself to be really expressive and intense and not worry about physically or anything like that. So, yeah, I always play better when I am more intense and stuff, but it is impossible to go like that through the whole match, so you do have to manage it. Yeah, it was a good situation for me the more I thought about it and woke up this morning. It was sort of very clear, the situation, where it was. And I just liked how it was sitting. It was important that I focused on my first game. Otherwise, it would have put me straight on the back foot, losing the first point or two points Love-30, with that crowd, it just compounds itself. So it was very important that I was there from ball one."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WvhPwc

No comments