Breaking News

Naomi Osaka: 'I did not invite my mum to come to Paris.She invited herself'

In a press conference at the French Open Naomi Osaka commented on her mum. "She's here. But I didn't invite her. She invited herself (smiling). But, yeah, for me, I don't think I would play this tournament if I wasn't trying to win, especially given how the last slam went. I feel like I have to believe in myself, and I feel like that's what I did in this match, even though things weren't going well. Yeah, I think every match I'm learning how to do that."

Osaka had never played on the Philippe Chatrier. "I practised on it once, but for 30 minutes or so. Yeah. Oh, your face? You did not look impressed (smiling)."

"I think it's really important for tennis players to learn, especially since we have so many opportunities to do that. Like, we have games and we have set and we even have points if you're really good. So, yeah, I definitely think it's one of my strengths, but at the same time, I think it might be a bit of weakness or liability because I overthink most of the time. Because there is always a problem, but then you think that you have multiple solutions instead of just one, so..."

On her next match against Victoria Azarenka, Osaka added: "I have played her last year on clay. I don't know. I mean, she's been playing really well recently, and there is no way that it's going to be a similar match to the one I played her in Rome last year. So I'm expecting, like, one of the hardest matches of the year. And other than that, I don't really know too much, because you sort of -- you're the one that sprung that on me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2MjPchE

No comments