Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: My training regime changed drastically after 2005 injury

In a press conference in Paris, Rafael Nadal commented on his strong work ethic. The Mallorcan said: "I have been a hard worker when I was a kid. Very hard worker. Especially because I was able to play with very, very high intensity for a long time. But being honest, after the injury that I had in 2005 with my foot, my way to practice changed drastically, being honest. Until I had that problem on the foot in Madrid at the end of the season, in the tournament I won, what can I say, I couldn't work. I had to change the way that I had to approach my tennis career in terms of the way that I practiced, in terms of the way that I can, how many hours I can work or not. So I think the positive thing during all my career if I was able to practice two hours, three hours, one hour 30, normally I did with highest intensity possible, no? And that's all. What I did during all my career probably is go on court with goal to improve something, and that make me feel alive always and make me feel passionate about the process of improving anything."

On the Chilean Christian Garin's potential, Nadal added: "He's playing well. He's a very dangerous opponent, one of the most dangerous opponents on clay especially, and he has a good potential. He decided another way, and things are going well for him. Wish him all the best."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Keqsou

No comments