Breaking News

Christian Garin: 'Rafael Nadal was really important for my career'

Christian Garin enjoyed his experience at the Rafa Nadal Academy. The Chilean player speaking to reporters in the French Open on Monday said: “Of course Rafa is my idol, he was really important for my career in the beginning. Yeah, he never won the juniors here but he won 11 times! I think I would like to have one.”

Garin feels satisfied with the year he has been having so far: “It’s been an amazing season for me. I think after winning at Houston it made a mental change for me. It made me feel that I could win titles. Then Munich was unreal, I won really good matches. Lots of time has passed since I won here six years ago, it was tough, lots of (second-tier) Challengers and (third-tier) Futures events and it was hard to go higher,” he said.

Alex de Minaur feels satisfied with his straight-set win over Bradley Klahn. "To be able to finally sort of end this drought I've been having. It hasn't been easy, and I really felt like I needed a win just for me personally and mentally. And I did, you know, everything that I had to do for the last couple weeks. And things hadn't really gone my way, but it's good to see the results finally get back. And to be back 100%, that's the main thing. It was my first time having to deal with an injury like this. And, you know, you get told what you're supposed to expect, and you just got to feel it for yourself. It's definitely way harder than people tell you, because you expect a certain level from yourself and you can't really get there because of your body and lack of confidence, and all these things just seem to pile up. But I've just been staying positive. And I've been looking at how my level has been improving and my body has been feeling better and better, and now I'm back."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XfVqQy

No comments