Breaking News

'Nick Kyrgios has strange behaviour, sometimes he doesn't want to play'

In an interview to Eurosport, Daniil Medvedev commented on Nick Kyrgios's behaviour on an interesting note. The Russian player said: "Kyrgios behaves in a controversial way but in a slightly different way. Many guys are friends with him, I am not, we never spoke to each other closely. In life, he is a normal way but on the court, he has a strange behaviour. I am not a psychologist, I am not in his head and definitely not his friend to say what's on his mind. Sometimes he does not want to play tennis and sometimes he expects from himself such an easy win that when it is not that easy, starts behaving that way. When he starts playing with worse opponents he starts showing knee pain. Because he does not want to show that for him it's difficult to play with that opponent. I think I do not have his attitude, but if I will have it, people will hate me more than Kyrgios."

Medvedev also admitted that playing competitive tennis from January to November is tough: "Many people say: in Paris Bercy, you never know who won and who lost. Both players leave the court, both are pleased. One won the match, money and points. The other says: 'Oh, the season is finished, I take a rest'. He may be even happier than his opponent. I do not think that we will shorten the season because we would not get paid any prize money tournament for two months and we would still have to pay our team for the training. I think the current system works."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Wnk3KZ

No comments