Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'I have nothing alarming in terms of physical issues'

In a press conference, Rafael Nadal was asked how he feels physically following his straight-set second-round win over Yannick Maden. "Well", Nadal said, despite he may not be fully 100 percent: "Nothing alarming or worrying. Nothing that would prevent me from playing."

On how it felt to hit several double faults in the third set, Nadal added: "If you lose time being upset, then you lose more points. So the points you lose through playing badly are lost. So you shouldn't lose any more from being upset. Nothing else. Well, okay, I made a few mistakes. What do you want me to say? I won 6-1, 6-2, 6-4. Well, I can't tell you it cannot happen. It happened today. It doesn't happen that much. Well, the reality is that when I was able to break again, I was able to win. Well, it's also part of playing in five sets, because they are longer games and longer matches, and it's more difficult to keep focused. But he played well. He did a few good things. He changed strategy, and he became more aggressive. This obviously complicated the situation a little bit. But in general, okay, I made mistakes, but I was able to correct that rather quickly."

Nadal will play his third round match against David Goffin probably on the Philippe Chatrier as the Spaniard played on Suzanne Lenglen on Wednesday.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WuXeYZ

No comments