Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: Winning Monte Carlo and Barcelona 11 times is not normal

In a press conference in the French Open Rafael Nadal commented on his clay season so far. The Spaniard won only one title on clay this year before Roland Garros: the Italian Open.

"Three semi-finals and one title in difficult tournaments, what can I say? If you want me to sign a paper saying that these results are good before I can start the clay tournaments, well, okay. I could sign that," Nadal said.

He added, "But the normal thing is not to win 11 times Monte-Carlo or Barcelona. It's always something special, and whatever I have done I'm very grateful to those who've helped me throughout the years. But my main goal is to make myself available and ready to fight and compete. Honestly, the first week in Monte-Carlo, I wasn't ready. But then I was ready. I wasn't ready in the first match in Barcelona, but I was ready to compete. Now then you win or you lose. Well, when someone comes with a better trust and better shape, well, that's how he won. And in Madrid, I played well. And in the semifinals, I had great possibilities of winning, but I guess I didn't play sufficiently well. You're playing against the best players in the world, and you lose. All I want is to fight and compete. And in Roland Garros, it's the same. This time it was the ball fell on my side. But you can't hope to have always the same results. I managed to win in Rome. Now I'm fighting for this title, which is very important. But, okay, well, what happened, happened, and everyone has their own analysis of things and their own feelings. I have my own analysis of what happened, and this tournament is very important for me. It's probably the most special and the most important in my tennis career, and I'm here to try and enjoy it and compete in the best way possible."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HHO2Iu

No comments