Breaking News

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are great, but not surprising - Ivanisevic

In an interview to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the 2001 Wimbledon winner Goran Ivanisevic commented on the Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's longevity. In 2016 they seemed to be at the end of their career both dealing with injuries, instead, they came back to the top. Was it surprising for Ivanisevic? "Not at all", said the Croat. "Obviously it's fantastic that they are achieving so many great results at this age, but let's not forget they are two of the greatest players ever, so there is nothing that surprises me about them."

Recalling his success in the All England Club, Ivanisevic added: "I remember every breath of that day, every moment. I remember all the details of that day that changed my life. Every day I was watching Teletubbies on TV and I was parking in the same place at the Club. And that Monday I followed the same routine. It seemed to be in a football stadium looking at the crowd' support, everything was special and in the end, people led me to the win. They saw me as a real person, I always put all the effort in a good and bad way. I shouted I celebrated, I got angry and in the end, I cried. Because yes, that day changed my life."

Before that day Ivanisevic had lost three finals including two against Pete Sampras and one against Andre Agassi. "Facing players like them was crazy, that was one of the best historical times in tennis. Unbelievable. Many good players could make the top players struggle, contending for Majors. Many athletes of a great character like my friend Richard Krajicek."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H3r523

No comments