Breaking News

Roger Federer is my idol, but I admire Rafael Nadal too - ATP player

In an interview to Gazzetta Regionale, Matteo Berrettini revealed who were his childhood idols. "Definitely Roger Federer. I grew up with his wins so cheering for him was pretty easy. When I headed into the tour I realized how big other players may be even having won less. I appreciate Rafa Nadal a lot. For his mental strength and ability to fit situations, I think he is the greatest ever", said the Rome native. He dreams to have just a great run in the Foro Italico: "That is and will always be a special tournament. Even from an emotional point of view for me as I was born there. I always saw it as a dream, even when I came there as a fan. Last year I won my first match in a packed Pietrangeli Stadium, then I lost to Alexander Zverev on the Central Court against Alexander Zverev. That was an amazing experience. Hopefully, I have a good draw, first rounds are the key."

Asked if he has a football player as an idol, Berrettini concluded: "Cristiano Ronaldo. As a kid, I was looking at him being more excited, now a bit less. My sports idol is LeBron James. About CR7, I admire his desire to be competitive and how he cares about details."

Asked if the Hawk-Eye Challenge may be introduced in football too, Berrettini concluded: "Tough question. In tennis, we call it. I think there should be a maximum of calls per team, although controversies will always be there."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vEyxKB

No comments